Monday, December 15, 2008

Chritsmas Program - Clara the Diva



We had our church Christmas program last Friday. Clara loves to perform and dress up, so she signed up right away. She started violin lessons this summer and had planned to play "Jingle Bells." We decided it wasn't quite ready for performance yet; instead she wanted to sing "Angels We Have Heard on High" which Jonas was practicing on the piano. I thought it would be too sweet for Jonas to accompany her, but when she realized that his version didn't include the Gloria section, she asked the primary pianist instead. Clara also asked her best friend Aubrielle to sing with her. The little sisters then got involved. I think they did pretty well except for the tempo. Clara even planned the outfits and wasn't shy in front of the microphone. I hope she will be comfortable in front of performing in front of people; it me until a few years ago to get better at dealing with stage fright. I sang a duet "While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks" with my friend Emily. It wasn't as cute as the little girls, so it is not part of the video.

Jonas played Jingle Bells and Angels We Have Heard on High on piano. He was Joseph in the nativity pageant, Clara was the angel, and Greta a horse. It was a fun night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awww I'm so sad I missed that ..I would have loved to see that. Where does clara take her violin lessons...Rori is wanting to play the piano and flute but I haven't found a place that gives lessons. :( She looks so cute.

The Staub Squad said...

They were very cute that night. Greta as a horse cracked us up. You and Emily sounded wonderful!