Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving


We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. I started cooking Monday, toasting my breadcrumbs for stuffing and doing a pumpkin pie. Tuesday I did a coconut cream and starting my cranberry grape salad. Wednesday the chocolate and banana cream pie. My brother Jay and his girlfriend Ashley came on Wednesday evening. Thursday I did the lemon meringue pie after starting the rolls. I am so glad I didn't have to do the turkey. I love baking. My Aunt Kay brought the turkey and green bean casserole. My brother did the potatoes and Ashley did a shoepeg corn casserole which was delicious. We had a lot of fun; the kids helped me cook and were thrilled to have Sprite with grenadine to drink. Clara made cute turkey name cards and we ate on my grandmothers crystal and my wedding china.

After dinner, we did jigsaw puzzles and watched the Cowboy game. Clara and Jonas played a guessing word game with my aunt and uncle. We ended the night watching Home Alone.

Friday morning my sister and her boys came over for a breakfast burrito birthday brunch for Ashley. Then we went to a high school playoff football game at the Texas Stadium. My cousin's Alma mater Allen High School played Odessa-Permiam. Allen's band has 600 members and was awesome. The score was 28-22 and there was lots of action. It was fun to go to the stadium since it will be torn down after the football season ends. We came home for a dinner of leftovers and then went out to Cheddar's for a cookie monster treat.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful thanksgiving. :)

DLonna said...

YOu made quite the feast. I very impressed! I had this year off, but missed my lemon mergunie pie.

juli said...

Sounds delicious!
What do you do for your cran-grape salad? Tal's family does one every year, too. Crushed cranberries, red grapes, walnuts, real whipped cream. Yum!